Thursday 9 October 2014

My Hair Story♡

Now I commented on a post the other day on hair colours, and I realised, throughout the years I have changed my hair colour,
a lot!
 
So I thought I'd share it with you!
Best I can anyway!
 
My Natural Hair:
Now this was taken when I was 16, all natural, I was a light brown but had random natural blonde highlights from the sun, you can't tell from the picture but my hair was actually nearly down to my bum. I had straightened my hair in this picture but I will include a picture below of my natural hair.
Haaa!! Please excuse the awfulness that is this picture! I was 14/15 on holiday abroad somewhere! You get a better idea of how long my hair was, as it still carries on below the picture! My natural hair is curly, yet the top layer is more straight as you can see from this picture.
 
Now after moving in with my Dad and turning 17, I first had my hair done properly, as I wasn't allowed it cut or dyed how I wanted when I lived with my Mum, so safe to say after she kicked me out, I took advantage!
I went and had it all cut off to my shoulder blades, and shaped around my face, and added blonde highlights, I stayed like this for a year or so before changing again!
 
I then decided to go a chocolate brown colour, and have a side fringe/bangs cut in, and add layers, and this is basically a cut I have stuck with until present day! Shame I can't stick with a colour!
 
I then went red! Quite a bright red too! This picture doesn't do it justice as it was dark outside. Had neglected my cut though so you can't really see my side bangs as much here as they were pretty long!
 
I wasn't happy with just red, so I dyed my bottom layers black!
Apologies for the blurry picture but you can see my hair, this was taken freshly dyed hence why my hair was wet.
 
I then attempted to go brunette again, but because I still had the red underneath, it fought through so I always looked like I had brown hair with red tones.
 
I then tried to go dark brown! Yet again after a while the red fought through and started winning the battle! By this point though I fell pregnant, so I didn't want to risk dying my hair and it going completely wrong.
 
To rid the red tones I went black/blue, it's a black colour but shines navy blue in the light. This was done after I gave birth to my daughter, I was 23 at the time, even though I look about 17! This was took on my birthday night out, with a hat I'd stolen!
 
I then decided to go blonde! This was a tricky process as I went from the black/blue above, to blonde, meaning I had to have my hair stripped, a base colour of brown on, then highlighted blonde throughout. I did have it done at a hairdressers, but it wasn't blonde enough, so I started using purple shampoo's and conditioners to get it to the colour in the picture above.
 
Haa I apologise for this photo but it's the only one I have! This was took just as my friend dropped me! Safe to say we was very drunk! We also fell down the stairs that night, deciding to sit on each other and slide down the stairs, resulting in us just falling down and ending up with me getting carpet burn on my face! I'll include a picture of that too just for the laughs!


Haa see!! Please ignore the utter neglect of my eyebrows! Shocking!
Anyway, I went purple! Now this wasn't the only time I went purple, but it's the only time I seem to have pictures of it, and as you can see, not the best!
 
My most daring colour to date! Bright pink!! I did this for summer, and I absolutely loved it! The only problem being, it was a nightmare to keep up with! My hair was going downhill and I couldn't risk bleaching it anymore!
 
Finally I went:
Back to black/blue!
This is my current colour, although this is a picture from when I originally was black/blue, but my hair is exactly the same.
 
Now that is my hair story, although I do have to add that I have been various colours in between these too, but only brunette and purple, bog standard colours in my eyes, I just don't have pictures of them all, and even if I did, I think this post is long enough never mind adding them all, just for the odd week where I went a standard colour to tide me over until I went to the colour I desired!
No wonder my hair hates me these days :(
 
Hope you enjoyed looking through my hair story!
 
Have any of you been a numerous range of colours?
Or do you stick with the same tones?
 
Let me know!
 
LoveTaraBabii 




5 comments:

  1. It's great to try out so many hair colours to see which one is the best ;) I dyed my hair a few times as well but not nearly as much as you did:) I am currently sporting my natural hair colour and I will probably stick to it. Followed via gfc #40, hope you can follow back. xx Maja
    - http://modern-muffin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have an addiction as looking bad at all these pictures is making me want to go back to another colour haha!!
      Of course I will check out your blog and give you a follow!
      Tara x

      Delete
  2. The pink was fun! Like it blonde too!
    http://www.sweetwordsprettypictures.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the pink, it was too hard to keep up with, I wish they did bright colours in permanent though :( I loved the blonde too!
      Tara x

      Delete
  3. Thank you! I will go check your blog out now and give you a follow!
    Tara x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your wonderful comment, and I do hope to see you around. I do try to reply to every single comment as soon as possible, so please check back soon. I also follow new followers to my blog, so keep your eye out for me on your page. LoveTaraBabii x