Monday 15 September 2014

Review | Batiste Dry Shampoo♡

Most of you have probably heard of Batiste dry shampoo, and are wondering why I am reviewing it now, but I thought I would share my views for those who haven't, or have heard of it but never tried it.
 
It isn't a new product, but when I had a conversation with one of my friends a few week ago she didn't have a clue what I was on about, so I told her what it was, and my views, and she went out and bought it, and just like me she loved it!
 
 
What it's for (as described on the can):
'Batiste dry shampoo is perfect to use between washes. A quick burst revitalises hair and removes any excess oil. Hair feels gorgeously clean and fresh with added body and texture.'
 
I agree completely with everything it says on the can, as it does what it says. Having very thick, curly/frizzy hair, that goes greasy quickly, I need something that can keep my hair looking fresh. This product does just that, and smells great too.
I did get it in the cherry scent, but if I'm honest it doesn't particularly smell like cherry, but don't let that put you off, because it does have a lovely fruity smell which leaves your hair smelling refreshed as well as looking a lot cleaner.
 
How to use (as directed on the can):
Shake vigorously before use. Keeping nozzle about 30cm from hair, spray into roots. Massage through with fingertips. Brush and style.
 
It is that simple, honestly! You can go from a greasy gremlin to a glamorous goddess in 60 seconds.
When you spray onto your hair it does leave you with a white powdery substance that makes you look grey, but don't panic this is normal, once you massage in and brush, it will disappear leaving you with fresh hair as desired.
 
Other hair uses:
Dry shampoo is not only for using in between washes, you can use it in other ways too.
 
You can use it to give extra grip on freshly washed hair, for hairstyles such as braids or updo's.
 
It is also great for adding volume for when your hair is a little flat and lifeless.
 
Back combing/teasing your hair? Not a problem, dry shampoo can give your hair the extra staying power it needs to last.
 
Check out Zoella's video that she made on uses for dry shampoo: 
 
Random other uses for dry shampoo:
 
Yes you read right, other uses for dry shampoo, that aren't for hair.
There are a few other uses for dry shampoo other than hair, such as cleaning grease from carpets, and giving your hands grip before yoga. I came across a website here that gives numerous uses for dry shampoo, including some mentioned above. So instead of me rambling on any more, go check it out if you're interested.
 
The packaging:
 
It comes in a spray can, which I find much easier to use than the powders that you can buy, as it is literally point and shoot, meaning it is more precise and less messy than a powder can be.
 
I do feel the design of the can seems to have a retro feel to it, I'm not sure why and it's probably just me, but overall I do like it. It is bright and definitely stands out from my other hair products.
 
Would I recommend this product to a friend?
 
I already have, and I wouldn't hesitate to again and again. It is genuinely a great product. It does what it says, and is pocket friendly (usually priced around £3).
 
Final thoughts:
 
I love this product (as if you couldn't already tell), and if you haven't tried it then I'd highly recommend you to.
It has a big thumbs up from me, and is something that I continuously buy when I run out.
 
Do you use Batiste dry shampoo? If so what are your thoughts?
 
If you have any questions, or just anything you'd like to say, then please comment below.
 
This is my first review, and I know I'm not the best at it, but I gave my honest opinions, and I hope you enjoyed reading it.
 
LoveTaraBabii
 
[EDIT:] I have realised (Thanks to Brett - Thank you!) that I didn't let you lovely readers know where to buy (silly rookie mistake).
I will leave links below to the Batiste websites that let you know the retailers that sell it:
 
UK:
US:
Australia:


13 comments:

  1. Batiste dry shampoos are my absaloute favourites! Great post xx
    http://signbeforeyouseal.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! Wow quick commenting :) I'm impressed! xx

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried basiste dry shampoo before, but now I really want to! It sounds great! Great post!

    Hellostrawberrie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, and you really should, even if it's just there for emergencies! Thank you, I'll go check out your blog now :)
      Tara x

      Delete
  3. Love Zoella! And I love Batiste! Great post.

    www.internetlyaddicted.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she amazing! Thank you, I shall go check your blog out and give you a cheeky follow :)
      Tara x

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds awesome, Tara, love your review! Do you know if they sell these in the US?

    brettwrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brett, and yes they do indeed, check out this link, http://batistehair.com/where-to-buy it tells you places you can buy in the US. Hope it helps x

      Delete
  6. This sounds really good. I'm getting into hair products now that I swim every second day.
    http://www.sweetwordsprettypictures.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a brilliant product, I know they do many other brands of dry shampoo, but I always reach for Batiste as it's a brilliant product and pocket friendly. It'll help freshen your hair up after swimming too (once hair is dried), and help eliminate the chlorine smell that you can still have even after washing. I'll do some more hair product reviews if you'd be interested, with getting into hair products.
      Tara x

      Delete
  7. I would like to use dry shampoo but I have difficulties with it. I always have white hair after it so I stopped using it. Great post and keep up the good work.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strange that you find that, as even with me currently having black/blue hair, I still manage to get rid of the white powder, as long as you massage it in, and brush it out it usually isn't a problem, but I suppose it is different for everyone. Zoellas video explains some others that she uses that do not leave white hair, if that's any use to you? Thank you for your comment, and I hope to see you around again, if you have a blog please feel free to leave the link, I always check blogs out, and always follow a follower :)
      Tara x

      Delete

Thank you for your wonderful comment, and I do hope to see you around. I do try to reply to every single comment as soon as possible, so please check back soon. I also follow new followers to my blog, so keep your eye out for me on your page. LoveTaraBabii x