Wednesday 1 October 2014

October's Here - Autumn Too!!♡

 
Eeeeeeek!! I love October!
 
I'm not quite sure why, it's a whole mixture of things I think, probably emphasised by it also being the month I was born.
 
I also love Autumn!
 
I mean, who doesn't?! All of my friends apparently! I'm the 'weird' one of the group for getting excited over; colder temperatures, dark nights, orange leaves, etc.
 
Let's highlight my favourite bits of October/Autumn:
 
My birthday:
 
I'm an adult, so why am I so excited for my birthday?! I have no idea if I'm completely honest. For one, I'm turning 25 this year (quarter of a century!), and two, now I'm a proper adult with my own house and family, I get presents for the house more than myself, well I do off my Dad and Step-mum anyway, for example, last year I got an Iron. This year I will be getting.. a steam cleaner! Urgh! Don't get me wrong I still get little bits too, but it's my birthday, not the house's!! That makes me sound like a spoilt brat, I just don't like the fact I'm grown up, seriously, when did that happen?!
I do however get very spoilt off my boyfriend and children though! Last year he spent £80 in Lush on me with the help of my best friend, plus a load of other bits, so that is probably why I'm so excited, as this year I have a 'birthday list' as long as my arm!
 
Halloween:
 
A few days after my birthday, again, I'm a grown woman, so why?! No idea (you will soon get the picture that I'm very clueless, but love a lot of things for no apparent reason).
It's essentially a time for kids, but I'm so excited, plus it means my birthday night out can include fancy dress! I have a major thing about dark, creepy, gothic things, so Halloween is right up my street! I wouldn't call myself gothic, I'm just me, no label, just a mixture of everything depending on mood. My Dad and Step-mum however, are very gothic, so that's probably where I get it from.
 
Darker nights:
 
Dark nights make everything seem cosier, I love it, if I could hibernate I would. I've always been a night owl, probably because my Mum used to work night's when I was growing up, so I followed her mentality of staying up later.
 
Oversized tops:
 
Whether it be hoodies, cardigans, or jumpers, oversized tops are the way forward! Although I do struggle to pull certain ones off, mainly because I vary between a 12 and 14 top size, and I like my oversized tops generously oversized, imagine a tent and your there (okay slight dramatization but shush haha!). This again is for the cosiness, anything snuggly and I need it!
 
Autumn make up:
 
Autumn make up is much darker, and you can get away with being a bit more, how shall I put it? Vampy! I think this again stems from the love for gothic things, I love dramatized eye make up, so it's right down my alley!
 
Bonfire night:
 
Big fires, fireworks, toffee apples, treacle toffee, need I say more?! It generally just turns me into a big kid!
 
Countdown to Christmas:
 
From now, everyone starts to get prepared for Christmas, so therefore the countdown begins. Although, I started months ago, I have a box in our bedroom full of goodies, and I'm ordering more Christmas bits from Avon later! I have to start early because of having my Daughter and Step-daughter, not to mention two families to buy for!
Either way, it's exciting! Getting prepared for it all and soon being able to decorate the house, plus it'll be out first Christmas in our new house!
 
and finally..
Cosy nights:
 
I've mentioned a few times about 'cosy' things, but Autumn just makes everything a bit more snuggly, hot chocolate, layering, blankets, toasty fires, cuddles, candles! Eeeeek!
My perfect Autumn night would definitely be:
Fleecy PJ's, hot chocolate, candles lit, goodies to eat, a film or TV programme, and my boyfriend, all snuggled on a couch or in bed with a big blanket/duvet! Absolute heaven, certainly something you can't do in Summer!
 
As you can tell, I'm very passionate about Autumn, and I'm similar with Winter also, but it's mainly about Autumn. I was born in Autumn so that plays a main part, but I'm also a very cold blooded person, meaning wrapping up is the norm for me, whereas I can't handle the heat of Summer. I'm in my natural surrounding with Autumn, so it makes for a happy Tara.
 
Do you like this time of year? I'd love to know your favourite things about Autumn! Let me know.
 
LoveTaraBabii


16 comments:

  1. I also love colder weather, though here in Ecuador we don't have seasons, just rainy months and dry months (right now we are on the dry months = colder weather! :D ). Here, the "colder weather" isn't lower than 20C° :/, still I get to use some jumpers or cardigans, but I would love to experience a real Autumn or Winter :) .
    I absolutely loved this post!

    salha|abuhayar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I couldn't live in Ecuador then! Too hot for me, I don't mind having the seasons as we get a mixture of everything, plus our Summer here in the UK is pitiful so it never really gets too hot, and if it does it never lasts long! If you did experience a real Autumn I bet you wouldn't want to again haha, well not a UK one anyway, the freezing cold rain it's kind of a pain!
      Glad you enjoyed my post!
      Tara x

      Delete
  2. I agree with all the points you have, I love this time of year! I love the fashion, the makeup and it means Christmas is getting closer!
    <3
    http://perfectfixations.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it's not just me! I'm just a pure Autumn/Winter baby haha.
      Tara x

      Delete
  3. This is my favourite time of year ! Cosy nights are the best xxx

    www.susannahzabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are indeed!! The more snuggly the better!
      Tara x

      Delete
  4. I love this time of the year!
    would you like to follow each other on GFC? please let me know on my blog or follow me and i will follow you back :)
    jolahogg.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome isn't it!! I'll go over to your blog now and of course give you a follow.
      Tara x

      Delete
  5. Love this post so much!!! My birthday's in October too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! Ooo birthday month buddies haha, October 28th, what about you?!
      Tara x

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog :) of course i follow you back:)
    Jolahogg.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! I love autumn too! My family think im mad when i keep urging the weather to be colder! Plus it means its almost time to carve pumpkins!
    www.alices-wonderfulland.blogpost.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I'm seen as the mad one because I absolutely love cold weather!
      I wish I could carve pumpkins, although I've never actually tried to be fair! May give it a go!
      Tara x

      Delete
    2. Carving pumpkins is easier than you think! I will hopefully writing a post about it in a few weeks, so keep an eye out for it! You have a lovely blog!

      Alice x

      Delete
    3. Ooo I definitely will! I'd love to be able to do it!
      Thank you, so do you!
      Tara x

      Delete

Thank you for your wonderful comment, and I do hope to see you around. I do try to reply to every single comment as soon as possible, so please check back soon. I also follow new followers to my blog, so keep your eye out for me on your page. LoveTaraBabii x