Thursday 11 September 2014

RIP To The Dogs That Died In The Manchester Dogs Home Arson Attack♡

I'm not sure how to begin this post really. I am utterly lost for words but I will find some I'm sure.
 
Tonight while having a nosey through Twitter, I came across a post from the Greater Manchester Police, and this is what it said:
"Update: At least 43 dogs are confirmed to have died after suspected arson attack at the Manchester dogs home #RIP"
 
A 'youth' has been arrested on suspicion of starting the blaze but no other information has been said about him.
What sick minded person could harm innocent animals? I do not wish to put into words what I think should be done to him, it wouldn't make for nice reading, not that this post is particularly nice.
 
BUT
There is a happy note.
 
2 men, An Uncle and a Nephew, jumped over the fence, ran into the building, and kicked open kennels to rescue as many dogs as possible, and they managed to rescue 20!
They ran in with no concern of their own safety. They put the dogs on leads, took them outside, chained them up to a fence, and then ran back inside to rescue more.
True heroes in my eyes!
 
The news article is here.
 
Many people are there helping any way they can, buying new duvets from the local Asda, taking any supplies they have and even offering to rehome the dogs that survived. There is a Just Giving page for people to donate too, proof that there is some good in the world.
 
I know this post hasn't been a nice happy one, but I felt overpowered to share it. I know there is a very horrible story to this, but at the same time there is a nice side to it.
 
If anybody would like to donate then the link to the Just Giving page is  here, do not feel obliged to do so, I just thought it'd be nice to share it just in case. I have donated what I can and I know friends that have too.
 
RIP to those furry 4 legged friends that lost their life tonight.
 
Again I am sorry its not a nice post, but I just had to share.
 
LoveTaraBabii

2 comments:

  1. I've nominated you to do the Libester Award, check out my post!
    http://signbeforeyouseal.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/i-been-nominated.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you :) Ha is it quite sad I'm really chuffed about this?! Will go have a nosey and post mine either later on or tomorrow :) Thank you again :) x

      Delete

Thank you for your wonderful comment, and I do hope to see you around. I do try to reply to every single comment as soon as possible, so please check back soon. I also follow new followers to my blog, so keep your eye out for me on your page. LoveTaraBabii x