Thursday 25 September 2014

Mini Haul | Dry Hair♡

I'm back!!
 
If any of you are like me, and dye your hair frequently, you'll understand the pain I'm going through, my hair is SO dry!!
I change my hair colour more than the seasons change! So it's no wonder it's so dry and wild!
 
I need some rapid rehydration, as when I straightened my hair the other day it looked so thick and boffy, so I took the thinning scissors to it just to thin it down a little, turns out, it didn't help, it's rehydration I need, whoops!
 
It's not near pay day for me, so I had limited money, and I mean limited, so the other day when I went in to Bury for an appointment, I thought I'd pop into Poundland. Sometimes it is surprising at the hidden gems you can find in there that should cost a fortune anywhere else, plus it never hurts to look.
 
Anyway I picked up 3 items that I thought I would give a go, if it doesn't work then hey, I'm only £3 down, instead of something ridiculous.
 
Here they are: 
 
 
I thought I'd try some Argan oil treatments, and test out a Dove self heating hair mask.
 
First of all I picked up the Argan oil hydrating hair mask
 
This hair mask says it is enriched with protein and Keratin, and infused with Argan oil. So it all sounds good, and worth a try.
It is a hair mask you apply after shampooing and leave in for 7-10 minutes, or even longer if you desire.
 
Next I picked up the Argan oil hair treatment

 
This hair treatment says it is an intensive hydrating treatment, which is something my hair definitely needs. I picked this up after the hair mask thinking that once I have used the mask I can follow it with this treatment.
It says it has oil from the fruit of the Argan tree and enriched with vitamin E, a natural anti oxidant to nourish and rejuvenate dry and damaged hair. Sounds good to me!!
After washing, towel dry your hair and apply a few drops of this treatment, leave in and style as usual.
 
Finally I picked up the Dove self heating hair mask
 
If I'm honest, the only reason I picked this up is because I'm intrigued by it's self heating properties.
It does however claim to help restore the deepest layers leaving hair, strong, shiny, and up to 10x more resilient to future damage. It has Keratin in it so again, I do hope it will help.
You put on the regenerating treatment mask and then on top of that apply the heat activating serum, which apparently then creates a gentle heat and helps restore hair.
 
I will be doing product reviews on all of these hair products for any of you that are interested, and I will also be going to Sally's at some point in the near future, to purchase more hydrating hair products to test out, so keep an eye out for them.
 
Have any of you used any of these products before? If so what are your thoughts?
Let me know in the comments below.
 
LoveTaraBabii
 
 


12 comments:

  1. Thank you for commenting on my blog :o)
    As you know I have dry hair too, I can honestly say the absolute BEST product I have ever tried and trust me I have tried a lot is the Philip Kingsley Elastisizer! Its not the cheapest but it is worth every single penny. If you can get it, use it before every wash it is the best.
    I dont a full review on it here: http://milliecbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/philip-kingsley-elasticizer-review.html

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo I'll definitely be having a look into that, think I'll add that to my shopping list! Cheers I'll go check your review out now!
      Tara x

      Delete
  2. Great post lovely, I also have incrediably dry hair, and have been feeling intrigued about the newer Dove hair care products for a while now, that thermal hair mask sounds great! Would love to see a review on it once you've had a good trail run :) I've followed you on Bloglovin' and GFC :D

    http://beautyoutlookxo.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh I'll definitely be doing a review on it, it will probably be the first thing I try as I'm so intrigued haha!!
      Aww thank you for the follows :D
      Tara x

      Delete
  3. great post
    thanks for comment on my blog
    i've already follow you ;)

    www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried any of these but if you have any luck please let me know. My hair has been dry lately too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall be doing reviews on all of them, plus I'll no doubt be buying more until I find the 'perfect' product haha! Keep your eyes peeled!
      Tara x

      Delete
  5. I have horribly dry hair on the ends, although I haven't managed to get a trim since March (whoops!). Since I swim every second day I've got to start doing some serious hair treatments too!
    http://www.sweetwordsprettypictures.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo swimming is definitely a hairs enemy! I'll be doing reviews through the next 2 week on the different products I bought so keep an eye out and hopefully I'll be able to recommend something to help you
      Tara x

      Delete
  6. The ends of my hair are so dry but the top isn't too bad. I haven't used any of those products but I did use a Treseme hair mask and it was amazing, it did wonders for my split ends! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I never thought of Treseme!! Naughty me, especially seen as I love their products!! Will definitely have to check out their hair masks!
      Tara x

      Delete

Thank you for your wonderful comment, and I do hope to see you around. I do try to reply to every single comment as soon as possible, so please check back soon. I also follow new followers to my blog, so keep your eye out for me on your page. LoveTaraBabii x